Photo Gallery: CAT Aradhika at Delhi Marathon

My Marathon Story

Well, I was chatting with my sister online a couple of weeks ago when she popped the question...Want to do a Marathon for Gay rights?

"Sure", I said

“Sure?" she enquired
"Yo babe" I affirmed.
"So shall I sign you in...the registration is 400 rupees"
"What's 400 chips ya...you want me to run, I'll do it. That's all"
Five minutes later, she pops up again." OK! Done! You can't back out now."
"Whaaaaaaat??? Waaaaaaiiiit!" I said
"Too late! Be there on Saturday, the 8th by the morning Shatabdi. Better still, make it Friday night."She said and sneakily signed off.
Well, I was in. I prepared for the Marathon by looking for a new pair of shoes and then decided to buy them when Adidas went on sale. I landed up in Delhi and Sunday morning, my sister and I met up with the group we were running with; The Delhi Front Runners were raising money for gay rights. We were doing the great Delhi Run. That’s 6 KMS. Very do-able and very fun.
The best was when one Frontrunner asked us, " Are you running the Marathon or walking it?"
"Running!" My sister said.
"Walking!" I said a fraction later.
We compromised on walking with little spurts of running.
I have NEVER seen so many people together in one place before. Later we were told that there were 25,000 people there...and ALL full of joie de vivre and laughter. Feeling good about themselves and the causes they were supporting and just the joy of being there, that crisp Sunday morning.I was reminded of my CATS group. This just seemed to be an extension, really.
Well, lots of music and tamasha along the way. Kareena, Saif Jackie Joyce and AR Rehman to cheer us on. Two Playboy Bunnies, one mobile phone, a robot and a santa Clause running along with us and plenty of cheerers to encourage us, it was FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!So, the benefits that I reaped were multi pronged. I met up with my sister. I ran for a cause. I had no qualms of conscience when I STUFFED myself with Southie food later and even ate the samosa on the Shatabdi on my way back!
AND, I got a FANTASTIC Goody Bag!!
Now tell me why anyone won't go next year?????
CAT Aradhika
The kick off... looking nice and pretty :)

Chattering my life away... as usual ;-)

Hmmm - the hours and the miles slowly started TELLING!


Yeah right - before you open your mouth to laugh at my TIRED visage,
just remember one thing -
I participated and finished the race
while you sat at home snoring your Sunday away!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kudos to your energy.....n your spirit...!!! u are a source of inspiration for manyyyy.....:)